- Use of personal or institutional vehicle will be reimbursed at the mileage rate consistent with IRS rules and regulations in effect at the time of the event.
- Tolls and parking will be reimbursed.
- When a personal or institutional automobile is used for transportation, and the distance to be traveled is more than 300 miles, transportation reimbursement will be made at the lesser of economy airfare or the IRS mileage allowance.
- Individuals are responsible for obtaining their own hotel accommodations at least 30 days prior to the event. Personal fees such as mini-bar, movie rentals, and health club fees are not reimbursable. Travelers are responsible for all expenses incurred before or after the SACUBO event.
- SACUBO will reimburse meal expenses, including tips, according to actual costs up to the following limits: Breakfast-$10.00, Lunch-$15.00, Dinner-$25.00.
- The cost of a meal taken elsewhere during a meal that is provided at the event will not be reimbursed, unless the presenter is traveling during that time.
- SACUBO will not reimburse expenses of individuals who are not traveling at SACUBO’s expense.
- SACUBO will reimburse reasonable business expenses for telephone and/or internet connection during travel days. For long distance calling, avoid the high cost of direct hotel services wherever possible by using an alternate method
(personal calling plan, prepaid calling card, or cell phone).
SACUBO Expense Report
- Baggage service, up to a maximum of $5 per day, and similar expenses are reimbursable.
- Tips are reimbursable for meals, baggage, and ground transportation. Tips in excess of 20 percent are not reimbursable.
- When a trip involves traveling for both SACUBO and other purposes, the traveler will reasonably allocate the costs between SACUBO and the other activity.
The speaker reimbursement form, along with receipts, must be submitted to Jimmy Barnes and NACUBO-Accounts Payable.